UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Lax signing

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091210/SPORTS31/912090360/-1/SPORTS

Kingston's Ariana Parker will play lacrosse at Division I SUNY Albany next year.

Parker, who also considered Division I UMass and Division III SUNY Cortland, was recruited during a winter showcase and received an athletic scholarship that will cover 70 percent of the school's costs.

"I'm really excited about it," Parker said. "It feels really good to accomplish this because it was a goal of mine to play Division I since ninth grade. It shows that girls on our section can play Division I, but you have to work for it."

The senior center, who chose Albany over UMass for its physical therapy program, had 14 goals, 22 assists and 110 ground ball this season. Parker won 39 draws and was a scholar-athlete.

Parker, who was Varsity845 first-team all-star last season, will likely be a midfielder and should compete for a starting spot, she said.

Parker will be signing her letter of intent 3 p.m. Thursday at Kate Walton Field House

Archived