UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Zimpher as NCAA President?

danefan

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=925202&category=REGION

The buzz around Nancy Zimpher, all of 10 months into her job as chancellor of the 64-campus state university system, is that she is pursuing a new gig as commissioner or president of a sports league.

Oregon State President Ed Ray, head of the NCAA president search committee, said he thinks Zimpher is "wonderful" but wouldn't say if she is a candidate to fill the post open since the death last year of Myles Brand. On the NCAA.org Web page, a picture accompanying a story about Brand's legacy shows Zimpher sitting next to him.

"I can't get into who the candidates are," Ray said. "I'll tell you, I think the world of Nancy." Candidates have come about from applications, nominations and search members reaching out. Finalists are being chosen now, and a decision should come in a few months, he said.

Ray said he's known Zimpher for decades. She once served on the NCAA Division I board. David Henahan, a spokesman for SUNY, said Zimpher isn't seeking to lead the NCAA, the NBA or the NHL, but she does want to quash the rumors of her candidacy for such jobs.

Archived