UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sooner than Later

Having watched the tourney games so far, all I can say is that is seems the gap between the big boys & not so big boys has closed a lot. I saw Siena/UAB NIT game last year w/ Siena hanging in until the end of game. Now look what UAB did to Kentucky. When would you ever see a giant get taken down so soon? Charley Rosen wrote an article in The Sporting News stating how one good player can lead a team far into college tourney these days. In the NY Post, it was mentioned how Vermont's Coppenrath was shown interest by only Vermont, Bucknell, & UAlbany. With him & Wilson, I feel the Great Danes might be able to win an NCAA tourney game at this point. Maybe not, but pretty close to reality than a few years ago. Syracuse which seemed like an NIT team is close to the Elite 8. I really feel that a few good years could make it very exciting around here.

Albany Fan

I agree with you totally, I think the next few years will be very interesting. As early as next season we could start to become very interesting....

All of a sudden we will have 4 guys who have proven they can score at the DI level

Jamar Wilson 18.9ppg - "ROY" and 2nd Team All AE 2002/03

Levi Levine almost 14ppg over 2 seasons - All Rookie 2002/03

John Iati - 14ppg - "ROY" 2003/04

Lucious Jordan - 13.5ppg in the MAAC over 2 seasons - All Rookie 2001/02 and 3rd Team All MAAC 2002/03

All of a sudden after playing 2 years with 6'6" centers we'll have some size....

Kirsten "Der Big Man" Zoellner 7'1" 260lbs

Joe Dyson 6'9" 245 - 3rd Team Delaware All State

Brent Wilson 6'8" - 2nd Team All 4A Iowa

With nearly a full compliment of players next year should be a break through year and the following year should even be better.