UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015 Football Coaching Changes and Additions

Per the UA athletics website:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209865589&DB_OEM_ID=15800

ALBANY, N.Y. -- University at Albany Head Football Coach Greg Gattuso has announced a number of adjustments to the UAlbany coaching staff for the 2015 season, including the addition of Jay Foster, Nate Byham, and Dave Plungas.

Foster will serve as the team’s defensive backs coach, Byham will lead the tight ends, and Plungas will assist the defensive assistant coaches.

In addition, Gabe Luvara has moved from tight ends coach to assistant offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, while offensive coordinator Joe Bernard has added assistant head coach to his title.

“Gabe was instrumental in the development of our passing game last year and he’s going to step up in his role,” said Gattuso. “He’s just done a great job for us and we have a lot of faith in him.”

Bernard Clark also received a promotion, now serving as associate head coach, defensive coordinator, and linebackers coach.

"One of his greatest assets is getting kids to play for him hard," said Gattuso of Clark. "They respond to him and rally to him. I just love his energy on the field and he’s going to do a great job running our defense this year."

Former director of operations, Jeff Dittman, has been promoted to the role of special teams coordinator and defensive assistant.

"Jeff’s work ethic and loyalty this past year was phenomenal in the director role," said Gattuso. "Special teams needs a guy that works like that and Jeff is a great fit. He’s a young enthusiastic coach and he’s very dedicated."

Consequently, Harry Traylor fills Dittman’s void in operations after spending last season assisting the defense.

"Harry was my intern at Maryland a few years ago," added Gattuso. "I think he’s an extremely intelligent person. He’s young but I think he has the skills to balance what we need in that role. Our director of football is a guy who really helps me run the program. He has big shoes to fill but I think he’s going to do a great job."

Lastly, Aaron Smith has added pass game coordinator to his responsibilities, in addition to his former roles of recruiting coordinator and wide receivers coach.

2015 UAlbany Football Coaching Staff

Greg Gattuso

Head Coach

Bernard Clark

Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Joe Bernard

Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs

Gabe Luvara

Assistant Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks

Aaron Smith

Pass Game Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator/Wide Receivers

Jim Sweeney