Photo

Track and Field Office?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

I was searching the facilities management page for something else and I found this:

http://www.albany.ed..._06_28_2017.pdf

Did anyone know about the track and field office construction?  Is this separate from the PE Building?

#2 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

"mobilization and site work for the installation of the new Track & Field Office. The contractor will be on the east and west ends of the track."

What part of an "office" has work areas 150 yards apart? Communication lines (phone, coaxial or fiberoptic cable)? Wifi network?

#3 UAFAN

UAFAN

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

I was searching the facilities management page for something else and I found this:

Did anyone know about the track and field office construction?  Is this separate from the PE Building?

Yes & Yes.  I believe it is either a trailer(s) or some other type of semi-permanent building.  I don't remember the exact details from the spring Facilities Management campus construction updated meeting.  To be located on the end closest to JFF.

#4 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Yes & Yes.  I believe it is either a trailer(s) or some other type of semi-permanent building.  I don't remember the exact details from the spring Facilities Management campus construction updated meeting.  To be located on the end closest to JFF.

Yes, I drove by today and there a couple of trailers next to the track near the bubble. They may look temporary, but I've known some school districts (Cohoes and Waterford come to mind) that got some trailers for "temporary" classroom space in the 1960's that lasted into this century.

BTW the field east of Dutch Quad has a fence around it surrounding backhoes and other heavy equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users