UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA loses to BU 2-1 in the 78th minute

UA absolutely dominated BU today, a team which faced some of the best competition in the country. Yan was hurt with about 22 min to go, sidekicking the ball. It was pretty gruesome, as we heard the pop up in the stands. Our nitwit trainer sat on the sidelines until the players screamed for him to come out. I have no clue what he was thinking...we all heard the knee pop. He was carried off the field and we watched as the trainers and the doctor on site gave him tests that clearly indicated some structural knee damage (anterior drawer test gave it away). He was grimacing on the sidelines and was the second UA starter to go down.

After that, UA's sails lost wind and they seemed to be playing about four notches below what they were capable of. Both goals were caused on lacksadiscal (sp?) plays on defense.....the strenght of UA in the game up to the injury.

BU's goalie won the game for them with his play in net. Clearly this was a tough loss and one that could bite this team in the ass down the road. Hopefully Yan is OK....but from the looks of it, his season may have ended on this cold evening!

I'm very sorry to report this and I truly hope my info is wrong but here is what I've heard.

Yan is done for the season and might be done completely. He tore his ACL, MCL & miniscus and will go under the Knife as soon as possible.

A 10 month rehab stint after his surgery if everything goes very well.

To Yan "Good Luck" with the surgery and I hope you recoup at 100% and will be able to play next season.

JESUS, I knew thats what it was when I heard it. It was a very awkward kick....and we heard the pop in the stands.

As for beign done, I think that is a bit of a stretch. It all depends on YAN. The injury he has is called the unhappy triad and is pretty severe, however pretty common with the way his leg bent. Usually you can come back from these injuries....though he may not be the top player he was.

I would predict he will be in the lineup for UA next fall...he doesnt seem like a quitter!

Good luck on the rehab YAN.