UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Athletic Website

I am still having troubles viewing the main athletic page on the university web page.

Here is the link:

http://www.albany.edu/sports/

I see only a mostly blank site with a chance to select a university sport; however, when I press a preferred sport, I get nothing.

Since none of the rest of you seem to be having a problem, I think it is a Windows problem for me. Does any of you have a possible cause (and, therefore, solution) to my woe?

I have tried changing the view options from the top bar in XP, but experimenting with the other choices does nothing.

When I type in the following link, everything appears as it should.

http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/basketball/

Does anyone have a clue? It is probably a very simple solution that I am just not seeing.

I can manage my life without seeing that page, but I am just curious.

Thanks.

. . .  try contacting the info tech help desk . .

UAalum72,

Thanks for your suggestion. I had not thought of the possibility you suggested.

Since everything else seems to be functioning for me and since no one else has complained about the page, I thought the problem is on my end. Perhaps I had done something wrong in a Windows setting for the page that would not readjust.

Thanks again for the tip.

As an FYI, the comp I'm on at work just (FINALLY) had XP installed and I am now having the same main Athletics page viewing problems as '71 was describing. If I go straight to the team's site, then it works..but nothing else really.

10820[/snapback]

GODANESGO,

I am sorry that you now have problems viewing the same site with which I was experiencing problems. Someone here suggested that I contact tech support.

I did so the next day and received very nice responses. Matt in the tech department made some suggestions, all of which sounded logical. Matt really worked hard for me, but none of the suggestions worked. Matt also indicated to me that one other person had experienced problems with the same page.

The only suggestion which I did not do was to contact Brian DePasquale in the athletic department. For a long time, I had believed that only I was having a problem and that lay somewhere in the equipment I am using. I will do now try to contact Brian for a solution.

Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

Regarding the problem with viewing the website page in question, I have already communicated with Brian DePasquale with the problem. He is working on it.

Oddly enough, I have three computers tied in to a network. I am experiencing problems with viewing the page properly on a 2000 desktop and a 2002 laptop. The only machine with which I have no problems is a 1996 desktop.

This situation causes me to wonder whether the Athletic Department is working in a Division I era with Division III-type equipment.

Edited by olddog71

I'm on xp and I haven't had any problems.

10827[/snapback]

Thanks for your input on this problem, alum73. It still beats me why I, and some others, am unable to view the page properly sometimes.

I think the problem is caused by a combination of some of the equipment I am running and the way in which the webpage is set up. I have had absolutely no problems with any of the other several dozen pages I have visited.

Thanks again.