UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rather quiet over here!?

Hi. First I'd like to note that I'm not one of the Siena crew who likes to see you guys lose! This has to be a huge disappointment but you're heading into conference play. All is not lost!

I find the differences between our boards quite amusing. OldDog71 wrote something like "..., it was interesting how they became almost cannibalistic and turned on each other..."

I prefer to think of it as a family disagreement :-)

Your board seems rather quite. I can assure you our board would be quite busy if we had your record coupled with your expectations for the season.

What's up?

What's the consensus on Will Brown? I've been a huge supporter to-date but maybe I need to give McElroy some credit.

There were pre-season discussions of NIT, etc. 2-6 pretty much kills that. Any comments?

I never thought of this team as an NIT team-- in my mind, it was either the NCAA's or bust. This team, as most mid-majors, would have to have had an outstanding year and lose in the conf. tournament finals to have a shot at the NIT.

You're right, though, what we've seen so far hasn't been encouraging. That's fair-- and yeah, it sure is quiet around here. Through 8 games, it is impossible to say one player has been a standout or pick one aspect of the team that has been a pleasant surprise. Maybe some frontrunners are starting to jump off the bandwagon, I don't know. Eight games into a season, I'd hate to think so. People are busy this time of the year, though. I noticed that the St. John's board isn't exactly lighting up, either.

I have a bit of an issue with the idea that maybe McElroy might've knew what he was doing w/ regard to Coach Brown. Either resign the coach or do not-- a one-year extension is nonsense, because its not really an extension. The idea that now that this team is finally supposed to win and if it doesn't, Brown's done, is sort of unfair. He has done a nice job building this team and this program, and should be judged at the end of the season. Let's not jump the gun here.

Bets of luck to the Saints the rest of the season. Friends of mine familiar with McCaffrey's work at Wilmington thought he'd do a nice job with Siena. Hope it continues for you guys.

Hi.  First I'd like to note that I'm not one of the Siena crew who likes to see you guys lose!  This has to be a huge disappointment but you're heading into conference play.  All is not lost!

I find the differences between our boards quite amusing.  OldDog71 wrote something like "..., it was interesting how they became almost cannibalistic and turned on each other..."

I prefer to think of it as a family disagreement :-)

Your board seems rather quite.  I can assure you our board would be quite busy if we had your record coupled with your expectations for the season. 

What's up? 

What's the consensus on Will Brown?  I've been a huge supporter to-date but maybe I need to give McElroy some credit. 

There were pre-season discussions of NIT, etc.  2-6 pretty much kills that.  Any comments?

10858[/snapback]