UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tough Loss

At the last game a large group of fans and myself were very upset, the team looked as if it was falling apart, ( I never think that about our team) I couldn't help but to notice that Coach Brown was doing little if anything to help pull the team together, perhaps things were said in the locker room but as for his emotion on the court I graded him very very low :( students near by me were chantting for a new coach and I believe that this might be something to start looking at. I even got mad at him I wanted him to do something... I even yelled (not at the team) but at Coach Brown... for me I felt bad about what I did, But He has to know that there's something missing and as a Coach and he has to help the team find the missing puzzle piece. But it's still a long season and This Tuesday will hopefully start things up again... Go Danes!!

At the last game a large group of fans and myself were very upset, the team looked as if it was falling apart, ( I never think that about our team) I couldn't help but to notice that Coach Brown was doing little if anything to help pull the team together, perhaps things were said in the locker room but as for his emotion on the court I graded him very very low :( students near by me were chantting for a new coach and I believe that this might be something to start looking at.  I even got mad at him I wanted him to do something... I even yelled (not at the team) but at Coach Brown... for me I felt bad about what I did, But He has to know that there's something missing and as a Coach and he has to help the team find the missing puzzle piece.  But it's still a long season and This Tuesday will hopefully start things up again... Go Danes!!

10862[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%. I think coach brown is on the hot seat and he can't handel it.

I think it is "Coach Brown" and "handle"---if you are a UA grad you obviously didn't have the Professors I had for Frosh comp. I have been critical of Coach Brown in the past but he did call 2 early time-outs in the first half to stop the Harvard run(unsuccessful but it was something lacking in the past) and he did take the blame and has been taking the blame recently for the teams funk. Now it is time for the team to respond--as a unit--basketball is a fun game and if you put forth intense total effort every minute you are in the game you will be able to sleep at night. As my wife-who has watched 40 years of Albany basketball-"sez" when you are 15 down with 5 minutes to go--"What are you doing--get in their face and get the ball!!"

Clearly he feels the pressure. This is what happens when expectations are high and have not been met to date. I think Coach needs to stay focused on coaching the team as best he can.

I can certainly see how fans will be upset - they should be upset. That's how it works in D1 basketball - even at this level. He has a month with the kids - no school, just basketball. I would encourage him to take this time and sit with his assistants and his captains and work this through. I am sure that he'll do that and spend a lot of time going through game and practice tape.

He needs to stay focused - can't have any distractions at this point. Sounds like he lost some of the fans, can't lose the players - that's when it's over. No one has more to lose than he does. This is clearly a very talented team - I think they will get it together. The next couple of games are critical...