UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar - POW

Wilson, Milne Capture Men's Basketball Weekly Honors

Albany’s Jamar Wilson (Bronx, N.Y./Our Savior New American School) was named America East Player of the Week for the second time this season on Monday (January 9), while Binghamton’s Ian Milne (Winkler, Manitoba/Garden Valley Collegiate) earns his first Rookie of the Week honor. The awards were announced Monday (January 9).

Wilson scored a season-high 29 points against Hartford on 8-of-12 from the field and 11-of-13 from the line. With this performance, Wilson tied the top single-game scoring mark by an America East player this season. Against Maine, Wilson added 16 points and four assists. He has earned himself the No. 14 spot on Albany’s all-time scoring list with 1,183 points and No. 14 in career assists with 254.

Milne led Binghamton, with his season-high 21 points and 10 rebounds, in the Bearcats win at New Hampshire. Milne hit 5-of-6 three points against the Wildcats and is currently shooting 53 percent from beyond the arc.

Or you could go to SI.com and see who continues to be second in the conference on turnovers.

11103[/snapback]

True, but he's also brought his total down over the last few games and is averaging a decreased 3.8TOpg during our current 5 game winning streak. Although it's not a great number, it's not too surprising for someone who touches the ball so often.

I agree Jamar's turnover numbers have gone down (Thank You Brian Lillis) but this is definitely a number to watch.

I'd go so far to say that Jamar should not be the back-up point guard. He should be the #2 and Iati should back-up Lillis.

I think this would help Jamar a lot.

NYR - welcome, it's always good to have interested, intelligent posters on this site.

Jamar in the past has been a turnover waiting to happen, sometimes he goes on adrenalin and doesn't make the best decisions but it is very evident he is talented.

(Roy of the Year as a frosh and 2nd Team All AE last year dispite his TO problems.)

Player of the Week for this past week - 10 assists 6 turnovers - 14/24 FG including 4/8 from three - 13/15 from the FT Line - numbers like that will get you some accolades now & then, especially when every coach comes in trying to contain you.

I don't care who runs the point as long as Jamar is on the court most of the time. At the toughest times, when the shot clock is running down Jamar usually has the ball and this sometimes leads to TOs but with this group I think I wouldn't want it any other way he is one of our only players who can create a shot for himself.