UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looking Way Ahead

I know it's looking far ahead and the team itself has much more important things to concentrate on at this point, but I just wanted to start some discussion on something I was thinking about.

With the game previews doing the regular following of Jamar's career point total (if I did my math correct, he's now #11 in 2.5 years of play and was at #27 to start the season) and with having career UAlbany leader Gary Holway at the meet the team event in the Hall of Fame room earlier this season, I was thinking that maybe the Athletic Dept. could retire Holway's jersey to start the season next year.

I think it would be pretty cool for a number of reasons. First, with Jamar climbing up the record list, he's on pace (I know I don't want to be presumptuous ) to eclipse the record sometime mid next season so it would be a nice tribute to Holway. Second, it could draw some more attention to the team's play next year. And finally, I think retired numbers in the rafters could really add to the auroa of the RACC and further attempt to create a real home-court advantage for the Danes. Not to mention the fact that I think Holway certainly deserves it.

PS - What number was he, does anyone know? I guess it might put a kink in any plans if someone currently wears his number...

This would have been better two weeks ago; no doubt soup will tell you you're imitating/trying to keep up with/looking for ideas from/ the 'aints.

A current player could change numbers, or be grandfathered in like baseball players still wearing Jackie Robinson's number (if any).

I noticed there aren't any pictures of Rich Margison or Don Cohen on the walls of the RACC either. I suppose any surviving pictures may not be of high enough quality to enlarge to the 2X3 foot size.

Holway wore number 12, according to the picture on the last page of this section of the Media Guide, so next year wouldn't be a problem with Zo's number.

Edited by UAalum72

This would have been better two weeks ago; no doubt soup will tell you you're imitating/trying to keep up with/looking for ideas from/ the 'aints.

11303[/snapback]

Haha, good point. I forgot that the Aints have the monopoly on the whole retiring jerseys idea. Man, the royalties from the Dukes, UNCs, UCLAs, etc. of the world must be insane. And I thought all their money just came from their overpriced tuition. Oh well...

11303[/snapback]

The only thing that belongs in the rafters are Championship and Postseason banners.

11303[/snapback]

The only thing that belongs in the rafters are Championship and Postseason banners.

11314[/snapback]

And I'd be great if you actually had your own arena to put them in.