UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Finals

Just wondering how many press personnel will be contacting Will Brown to seek his opinion on who will win the NCAA Division I final game on Monday since UAlbany is one of the few teams in the entire country to play both teams. Alabama and LSU are the other two teams, if I am not mistaken.

Will Brown said after the UAlbany team's return to the RACC from the UConn game that UAlbany would be playing a brutal out-of-conference schedule next season. I don't know how next season can be more challenging than this season - unless we're playing in a different conference next year. LOL

I get only the online versions of the local newspapers, so I cannot comment for sure on what I see is a missed opportunity for local exposure.

Will Brown is one of only three coaches nationwide who played both UCLA and Florida this season. It would have been a great interest story to see his opinion of how each finalist will perform this season. You didn't have to stop there; the local journalists could have interviewed UAlbany team members for comments on the matchups that they experienced.

I'm just thrilled and ecstatic about the coverage UAlbany received from the local news media around the Vermont and UConn games. The reporters really covered these stories like a rug (maybe I should say "magic carpet"), but I'm disappointed at the lack of a story here. This obvious story still shows me that even the Capital District newspapers still haven't really completely caught up with the progress Great Danes basketball has made in recent years.

The TU does have an article in the print edition.  The piece is a breakdown from Coach Brown.

13727[/snapback]

McFan,

Thanks for the info. Can you please summarize the article for me? I would appreciate it.

I'm also glad the TU did have the foresight to publish an article on the topic I requested.

Thanks again.

Sure.

Headline was a little misleading "Brown: Gators score with ease"

In the article it mentions that Brown is 1 of 3 to play both teams. Gives the scores and dates. A number of quotes from Coach Brown. In summary:

He thought that both teams would be contenders next year. "Very very good, but very, very young." He feels they have both improved as the season went on and proved they should be here. Talks up UCLA's D and Florida's O, including 80% free throw shooters.

"Florida's defense and athleticism, combined with their ability to put the ball in the basket will be a little too much for UCLA."

"For UCLA to win" physical, limit 2nd chance, slow tempo.

"X-factor for Florida is Taurean Green"

"For UCLA, I think it's their frontcourt"