UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Times Union Blog

reeder

There has been criticism of the TU coverage of UA - warranted or not, I feel like they are trying very hard to improve that.

Not just the articles last week, but the new blog. Some might argue that it's still not enought - I think Singelais provides good info especially for me as an out of town fan.

With this board, Coachwillbrown.com, Gersztoff's blog and the TU blog, I feel like I have a lot of information about the program.

Would like to recommend putting a link to the TU blog in the winter sports section above.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6

There has been criticism of the TU coverage of UA - warranted or not, I feel like they are trying very hard to improve that.

Not just the articles last week, but the new blog.  Some might argue that it's still not enought - I think Singelais provides good info especially for me as an out of town fan.

With this board, Coachwillbrown.com, Gersztoff's blog and the TU blog, I feel like I have a lot of information about the program.

Would like to recommend putting a link to the TU blog in the winter sports section above.

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6

17551[/snapback]

reeder,

Thanks for calling my attention to the blog again. I had read it at least once before, but then it slipped into the recesses of my mind.

Yes, some of us have been hard on the Times-Union at times, but the staff has really tried to correct the situation. They may not be entirely there yet for us, but I'm cutting them a break.

Regarding the blog:

(1) It shows that Mark Singelais really put in hours to cover the Danes. He had the football game yesterday, and he didn't exactly show up when the 20-minute practice clock wore down to mere seconds to cover the men's basketball game. Sometimes we really need to appreciate the effort that is required to cover an event.

(2) I really enjoyed the background information Singelais included in his blog which I did not see in the electronic version of the paper. Jamar's daily menu shocked me, and I was surprised to see what Coach Brown does with the whole team to get them to eat a more improved diet. The breakfast time also indicates the huge amount of time that he invests in his team.

Thanks again for reminding me of more resources to follow the Danes!

Archived