UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE Kid's Corner Now Featuring......

Carl Ross sounds like a great guy. I enjoyed reading his responses, especially the one about putting academics first. His response about being a rock star cracked me up.

Having played 2 college sports, including college hoops into my sophmore year before deciding to quit the sport (made sense anyway; I am much better in a court of law than I ever was on a basketball court ... hehe) and just concentrate on school, I can attest to the fact that being a college athlete is HARD and exhausting. By the time you go to your classes and then at least a 4-hour practice (more time is involved if there is a weightroom workout involved after practice, in addition to whatever film-work/review is involved), it's easily 8pm and you're exhausted. I have a ton of respect for Carl Ross and all the other student athletes who do it and keep their grades up --- it's not easy! Their daily regime and efforts to keep up will serve them well throughout life in the workplace. (IMHO).

The responses of Carl Ross definitely gave the impression that he was thinking about the question, and not merely responding. Too often I think there are a set of conditioned responses that athletes will give. Instinct versus conditioning, a classic athlete's dilemma.

Archived