UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gary Walters

A small note of historical perspective: Gary Walters, who is the current chair of the NCAA Division 1 mens basketball committee was the head coach at Union College in the late 60s-early 70s. His best player was current Schenectady assemblyman, Jim Tedisco. If memory serves (and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) Tedisco held the record for most points scored in a single game in University Gym, when he scored over 40 against Siena in a Capital District Tournament game that was played over Christmas break in 1970 or 1971.

At Union, in the late '60's and early '70's Gary Walters coached Jim Tedisco and Bill Carmody. Carmody, a 1975 Union graduate was head hoops coach at Fulton -Montgomery Community College, then an assistant under Bill Scanlon at Union, before being brought to Princeton by Walters to serve under the legendary Pete Carril. Carmody became head Coach at Princeton when Carril retired, and is now the Head coach at Northwestern University.

Tedisco has served in the New York State Assembly since 1983, and currently represents a district made up of parts of Schenectady and Saratoga Counties. He also serves as Minority Leader in that body.

excuse me for the extreme tangent. I like this historical stuff. I'm sure if I kept going, the chain would somehow connect all of this to Will Brown.

Archived