UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A new priority for us

I was looking through Mid-Majority at the results of games UA has played since going D-I and I noticed something that might put the toughness of today into perspective. Prior to today, we had never played a game against a team from the ACC in any form and that could have spelled trouble for us in Columbus as we just weren't used to the ACC style of play. We've faced against teams from other BCS conferences--Big East, SEC, Big 10, Pac 10--and the case of all those Syracuse games and the Pitt debacle may have helped us a little against UConn given we at least faced some of their conference rivals.

Since our RPI is below 100 and we've grown so much in the last couple years, I think that a good thing for UA to do in the coming seasons is to try to schedule an ACC team or two for their off-conference schedule. Even if it has a money game vibe to it, it'd would be good to try and would only better us as a team. A game against a BC or Maryland (College Park) instead of a Sacred Heart or a Utah Valley State could have been a help and will be both a help and a publicity getter in the future.

I know, you can't swap games in retrospect, but with our growth should come more games against bigger conferences.

Archived