UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT - Youth (and college club) lacrosse and UA

My 12 year old started playing lacrosse this year. One of the things that all the parents notice is how when the goalie gets the ball, he may run with it across midfield and either starts the offense or takes a shot - this makes his entire team nervous. Anyway, at the game this week, one of the parents asked why he did that and he responded that he has watched the Albany goalie do it and it works for him... A lacrosse role model 1000 miles away.

Also, went to a college lax tournament last night (the SELC - Southeast Lacrosse Conference). It's a club team conference with most of the teams from the ACC and SEC - we saw Georgia Tech play Georgia and Florida play Virginia Tech. They were selling hats and T-shirts for a lot of the major lacrosse programs - Hopkins, Syracuse, Navy, Virginia...but no Albany. There was some talk in the crowd about Albany - the fans were impressed but didn't appear to realize that UA lost to Syracuse on Friday.

Reeder-

We even feel your pain here in the Lacrosse hot-bed of Long Island. I stopped in one of the local lacrosse retailers who happens to have a shop right here in my town and much to my dismay, no shorts or t-shirts from the then #3 team in the Nation. It's going to take some time for it to catch on.

GGD!

Archived