UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Community Forum Breakfast

statefan

I can't figure out what mailing list this came from, but yesterday my wife (who has attended less than three UAlbany sporting events in the past 33 years) received an invitation to attend a Community Forum Breakfast in the Hall of Fame Room on November 27, 2007. The topic of the forum is "UAlbany Athletics: Increasing the Score for Tech Valley's Economic Growth". The speaker is V. P. McElroy, who will discuss the positive economic impact on the Capital Region of the "exciting new University at Albany Multi-Sports Complex". There is no charge for the event and the event is sponsered by the law firm of Lemery Greisler, LLC.

I can't figure out what mailing list this came from, but yesterday my wife (who has attended less than three UAlbany sporting events in the past 33 years) received an invitation to attend a Community Forum Breakfast in the Hall of Fame Room on November 27, 2007. The topic of the forum is "UAlbany Athletics: Increasing the Score for Tech Valley's Economic Growth". The speaker is V. P. McElroy, who will discuss the positive economic impact on the Capital Region of the "exciting new University at Albany Multi-Sports Complex". There is no charge for the event and the event is sponsered by the law firm of Lemery Greisler, LLC.

I see it as a sign of progress that UA is continuing with community relations for the stadium. If you or she are available to attend, it may not be a bad thing to hear the spiel and maybe get an update as to where UA stands on their progress... of course this is just a shallow attempt by me to get an update. After all, I have "stadium" on my christmas list for santa :-)

received this e mail:

Hi Gentlemen,

You’re spouses recently received an invitation to attend the UAlbany Foundation’s Council for Economic Outreach breakfast scheduled here at the Hall of Fame Room of the SEFCU on Tuesday, November 27, with breakfast beginning at 7:30am and the program featuring a presentation by Lee McElroy at 8:00am.

Truth be told, the invitations should have also included your name on the mailing label since many of you are more of the donor with an athletic interest than your spouse. As you probably can guess, the invitations didn’t come from me!

I do hope that you’ll be able to join us. I’ve included a copy of the original invitation for you to RSVP to or you can always let me know one way or another.

All the best-Don

Don Ostrom

Archived