UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blog Update From Coach

11.22.07:

We are off to a 3-1 start. We continue to make progress and have gotten contributions from a variety of players. Our newcomers are starting to adjust to the D1 level. Jerel, Josh, Al, and Tim have all gained valuable experience early in the season. This team has a chance to be pretty good. We need to continue to form good habits and get better each day. We played a lot of players the last two games. We will continue to do that as long as we are being productive. Depth is overrated if it is not quality depth. I think we have quality depth but it is still early in the season.

Our goal is to get it done by committee! We will not rely on one or two individuals this year. It will be a team effort. Our veterans need to continue to lead and be a model of consistency. Jon and Brent still need to get healthy and get in better shape. However, we understand it will be a process since both had surgery and missed several months of action.

We practiced this morning (Thanksgiving Day) and we will have a team dinner at the Desmond Hotel. This gives us a chance to spend more quality time together. I am looking forward to spending some time with my wife and son today. I will probably watch some Sacred Heart tape and then some football. I need to make sure that I don’t eat too much. I have to watch the waist line!

We have been spending a lot of time in the weight room. We keep improving in that area. Our players have done a tremendous job increasing weights for each lift and decreasing overall % of body fat. We are hoping that all of the time that we spend in the weight room will give us an advantage over the competition.

I hope that we can pack the SEFCU for the Sacred Heart game. I don’t see any reason why we can’t put 4,000 people in the SEFCU on a consistent basis. I encourage everybody to come out and see this team. They play hard and they are a talented group!

Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.coachwillbrown.com/thoughts.html

Newer update:

11.26.07:

We are off to a 4-1 start with our next game being on the road at Siena this Saturday at the Pepsi Arena. The Saints are talented and can really score the ball. We are looking forward to a great week of practice. Hopefully this game will be a sell out. Rivalry games are a lot of fun. Especially for fans, alumni, and the community. Our goal is to continue to get better each and every day. This game is important to us because it is the next game on our schedule. We don’t put too much emphasis on any particular non-conference game. We want to be prepared for conference play and playing our best basketball heading in to the conference season.

I was disappointed with the crowds at our last two home games. We appreciate the support from the fans that were in attendance. I am not an excuse guy so I don’t buy that the students were on Thanksgiving break as an excuse for having 2,000 people at the games. We should have more!

It was nice to see a team challenge the New England Patriots. I know Brian Connelly and his family were excited. They love the Eagles!

I was a big Boston Celtics fan growing up. However, it has been difficult to root for the Celtics the past few years. They have really struggled! The additions of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen have brought some life back to Boston. Paul Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are the best trio in the NBA. As of today, the Celts have the best record in the NBA!

Reading about the Knicks is better than reading the Sunday comics!.

I agree with the attendance, but it seems:

1.) Homes games are scheduled too frequently on breaks (I know it is tough to avoid as a student's schedule is replete with breaks).

2.) The commercial is a good step, but I think the marketing team needs to do more to attract attention to the program.

3.) A little off-topic, but does anybody think the current parking scenario discourages people from attending games? It seems as though it is pay five dollars to park close (which is fair), or walk from Dutch. It is not a big deal, but with a planned football stadium the issue will need to be seriously considered.

Archived