UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

My Thoughts on College Hoops 2k8

albanyhoops31

Hey guys, just for any of you who want info on College Hoops 2k8, I'll give you some. *I'm talking about they play in the game, not in real life.*

Here is my starting five:

PG - Josh Martin - He's solid in the game. He's big, so he's nice to use on the press and on defense. He can score fairly well too, although I don't look for that from him. Solid overall.

SG - Tim Ambrose - Pretty good in the game. He's very undersized, though. Against all the teams I've played so far, he usually gets shut down when driving to the hoop (blocked, or loses the ball) because he's only 5'10". His shot is pretty bad in the game, I can't seem to make a three with him. Overall, he's decent. Good on the fast break.

SF - Brian Lillis - best player on the team hands down in the game. Fun to play with. Great defensively, good shot, can drive, etc. etc.

PF - Brent Wilson - fun to play with in the game as well. He's good. His release is really weird on his jump shot, so it's hard to shoot with him. He's good at posting up and solid on defense.

C - Brian Connelly - He's ok. He's got a decent jumper. Not as good defensively as I'd thought he'd be in the game though.

Some bench standouts -

Jon Iati - Eh, he's struggled in the games I've played. Doesn't hit the three as well as I had hoped.

Al Turley - My favorite player on the roster in the game. The dude is sick. He can come in and post up on anyone. Just a bull. Great player to play with.

Reid Anderson and Billy Allen - They both knock down the three very well.

If you want to read about my Season in the game, read here.

http://www.dynastymanager.com/dm360.cgi?u=Tyrone17&s=cbb

Any questions let me know.

I need to add a few things:

SEFCU Arena was designed POORLY in the game. The arena is WAY to big, and it just doesn't look realistic. They should have done a better job.

The Albany Uniforms are pathetic! They still have the old ones. The ugly Yellow home, and Black away. That bothered me a lot because this is the 2nd season albany has had new ones.

Great analysis of the players and game. I do think they did a pretty good job with the America East schools' arenas, given the fact that it's a video game. They got the basic (real basic) layout of SEFCU down, but the uniforms gotta reflect the newer white jerseys as opposed to the older yellow jerseys.

I'm going into the America East Tournament in my first season on "All-Conference" difficulty, so I'll post my player reviews and statistics (as it pertains to those players) shortly.

They did an amazing job with the University at Hartford arena. I was messing around with them because my sister goes there and is good friends with a bunch of guys on the team, and they did a great job with UH.

I think they did a great job with UVM too. Not so good with the three SUNY Unviersities.

Archived