UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Northeastern Football Here to Stay

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/log/index....ll_here_to_stay

[Athletic Director]Roby, in a meeting with representatives from the “Friends of Northeastern Athletics” alumni group, reportedly said that if he were asked about the future of the sport by a prospective recruit, he would say, “There is no reason to believe they would not be playing Northeastern football four years from now,” according to a recent newsletter distributed by the alumni group.

As much as I hate seeing UA benefit at the demise of another team, had Northeastern dropped their program I have no doubt in my mind that the CAA would pick us up in their place. Doesn't look like that's going to happen afterall.

Get the bulldozers ready. The only shot we have at getting love from another conference is building a stadium.

[Athletic Director]Roby, in a meeting with representatives from the “Friends of Northeastern Athletics” alumni group, reportedly said that if he were asked about the future of the sport by a prospective recruit, he would say, “There is no reason to believe they would not be playing Northeastern football four years from now,” according to a recent newsletter distributed by the alumni group.

As much as I hate seeing UA benefit at the demise of another team, had Northeastern dropped their program I have no doubt in my mind that the CAA would pick us up in their place. Doesn't look like that's going to happen afterall.

Get the bulldozers ready. The only shot we have at getting love from another conference is building a stadium.

I'd love to take their spot in the CAA but I can't wish losing football on them. That's just wrong.

[Athletic Director]Roby, in a meeting with representatives from the "Friends of Northeastern Athletics" alumni group, reportedly said that if he were asked about the future of the sport by a prospective recruit, he would say, "There is no reason to believe they would not be playing Northeastern football four years from now," according to a recent newsletter distributed by the alumni group.

I'd love to take their spot in the CAA but I can't wish losing football on them. That's just wrong.

Agreed.

[Athletic Director]Roby, in a meeting with representatives from the "Friends of Northeastern Athletics" alumni group, reportedly said that if he were asked about the future of the sport by a prospective recruit, he would say, "There is no reason to believe they would not be playing Northeastern football four years from now," according to a recent newsletter distributed by the alumni group.

Agreed.

Now taking Providence's spot in the Big East... that's a different story. Heck, at least we have football and aren't we better in the sports we do have?

Prediction - LSU wins big (SEC, 'S' is for Speed)

Agreed.

Now taking Providence's spot in the Big East... that's a different story. Heck, at least we have football and aren't we better in the sports we do have?

Prediction - LSU wins big (SEC, 'S' is for Speed)

Providence is a founding member of the Big East though so they aren't getting booted anytime soon.

And I agree. I think LSU is going to destroy the much overrated Ohio State.

Archived