UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Blog

The coach's implication is that our problems are psychological and/or problems of motivation.

We've certainly had teams by the throat in the second half and were not able to finish the kill. And some of them were teams of seemingly greater talent. Its very frustrating to us as fans, to see the talent yet not the intensity. I would imagine to the Coach its even more so. I don't know what turns something like that around but I'm hoping he does.

There's something very punitive in the Coach's strategy - 'when you let the other team beat you, I'll beat you again, harder, when we get back home.' As with child rearing, sometimes that approach works, sometimes it causes resentment and disillusionment.

When our guys come to play 40 minutes, we are very good. We're still very much in the AE hunt. If the 'good' team shows up, we could still be the team to beat.

There's something very punitive in the Coach's strategy - 'when you let the other team beat you, I'll beat you again, harder, when we get back home.' As with child rearing, sometimes that approach works, sometimes it causes resentment and disillusionment. - KingDane

I am in agreement with you but I would hope at this point in the season the coach has probably tried numerous other psychological strategies which were more postive in appearance and now is just trying to get them to understand. I'm not sure he is concerned with resentment or disillusionment towards himself.

I think he is more concerned with developing their approach and attitude about how to be successful people.

In my mind (which is very limited)...

1. There are no shortcuts or easy ways to be successful.

2. Hard work pays off.

3. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

To me this year's team is interesting - solid talent but lacking in fortitude and/or chemistry (now). They just haven't clicked, for some reason we can't get 3 or 4 guys playing well on the same night consistently.

Is it the injuries? (Brent, Jon & Martin)

Is it players more worried about themselves then the team?

Are too many players being asked to do things on the court they for some reason aren't comfortable with?

Is it just a crazy/weird year, where things just aren't going our way?

1. Bucknell Al Turley's pregame "T" , John Griffin hits a late deep three (his only FG of the game)we lose by one

2. At UNH 30'+ 3pointer beats the 30second clock a minute later a banked three from the top of the key

3. Binghamton M. Gordon goes unconsious on us and hasn't come close to that again

4. Maine the worst FT shooting team in the AE hits 23 straight FTs - calm Brett Gifford gets a "T" that leads to a deflating 7 point turn.

This team to me has been very frustrating BUT come March will we be able to win 3 in a row? MAYBE, I wouldn't be shocked either way.

This team to me has been very frustrating BUT come March will we be able to win 3 in a row? MAYBE, I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I wouldn't be shocked either way. We have been conditioned (at least I feel this way) to expect nothing less then a conference championship and a trip to the NCAA's. Thats a testament to the program Coach Brown has built. I've realized that some years that won't be the case. Once you get over that hump it's easier to see us for what we are....a team in transition after losing arguably the best player in the history of the school. Our 3 seniors are players that were recruited before we had a winning season in D1. While I appreciate the part they played/are playing in bringing us to where we are today only one has really elevated his game to the next level, the others....be it due to injuries or tough time adjusting have always been good/solid role players. I don't mean that in a disparaging way....it is what it is. I'm gonna just enjoy the ride from here on out and try not to get to worked up after a loss.......although I submit, that might be an insurmountable mountain (of self control) to climb to get to that point.

Let's show some fire and energy tomorrow and we'll be fine.

Archived