UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Outlook

Ruler 2

With summer coming that means so is football season! Like it or not here comes my outlook.

We lose 3 or 4 great players on D (Dungey, Disch, and Sheehan) but our O is basically in tact minus Pagano @ G. So in essence we need 4-5 underclassman to really step up on D and two o lineman to get close to where we were last season. The schedule is BRUTAL weeks 1-5. We caught a break with the Fordham scheduling problem. Not that I don't think we would be competitive, in fact I think we could beat them. I wish we had that same problem with UMASS. But with Delaware and New Hampshire on the horizon they will need a break. We need to get at least one of those under our belt and hopefully 2. Our best shot is Hofstra and New Hampshire as UMASS and Delaware are traditionally two of the best programs in the country.

Right out of the gate as usual under Fordie we are faced with a huge challenge in UMASS. I know they are a top ranked team but with any luck they will be rusty. We better steal on or two in the first 5 weeks of the season because because confidence is a tricky thing with a younger team. I really believe we will have enough gas in the tank to handle the NEC but then again I feel that every season. I look for Monmouth to reemerge and be trouble. I think CCSU may be on the decline and we should have enough for everyone else. Sorry Duquesne does not scare me but going on the road will make this closer then it should be.

Prediction:

7-4 or 8-3 and hopefully NEC Champions

while I think the offense is going to be good, I think it maybe a big question mark in a good way this year. McCarthy is now in control of the offense and you have Allen coming in from NFL Europe to work with the WR. You wonder if the team will switch from its usually Option style offense. That could make McCarty and even bigger weapon. If he can break fro 10-15 yard runs and all of a sudden the passing game breaks out, this offense could be deadly! I think Bush and Bocanegra along with our TE will make a solid group of receivers.

I think the biggest question mark is going to be the middle of the field on defense with the LB's, and that really isn't that big of a question mark. However, we do have a nice group returning and Ford brought in a recruiting class staked in the defensive spots. It is funny, I think it is the first time in a long time that many UA fans can say the defense has more question marks then the offense. However, with Simpson as DC, you know those question marks won't last long. Also, does anyone know if Nicomini will be somewhat ready come September?

I am with Ruler 2's prediction.

Archived