UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Zach Bohannon

This from the Cornell Basketball Blog so I don't know how old it is but we reportedly had a visit from Zack Bohannon. Here's their report:

Scout.com is reporting that Zach Bohannon, a 6’7” forward and member of the class of 2009 from Linn-Mar High in Marion, Iowa, received a scholarship offer last week to play basketball at the University of Albany. It is his first official scholarship offer. Last season Bohannon averaged 15 points and 9 rebounds per game for his high school team. His older brother Jason Bohannon just completed his second season at Wisconsin this past winter.

Zach visited Albany last weekend and took in a team practice. “It was a long time waiting,” Bohannon told Scout.com of his first offer. “My brother Jason already had five at this same point (in the recruiting process). So, there was kind of an unwanted pressure on me to live up to his (accomplishments). It’s nice knowing now that my education is paid for. I don’t have to put my parents through the stress of paying for my education.”

Bohannon feels confident that more offers are on the way. He said that the schools calling him the most are Cornell, North Dakota State, Davidson, Columbia, and Drake, who he says really has picked up their recruitment of him in the last couple of months. Navy and Stanford also have called.

Schools such as the Iowa, Nebraska, Iowa State and Northwestern have been in contact with Bohannon and said they would be evaluating him in July, a huge month for AAU.

Bohannon said that he is going to wait as long as he can before making a college selection.

“I really want to go through the July recruiting period and wouldn’t make a decision before August unless something comes up where I feel it’s the ideal situation for me like it was for my brother when he committed to Wisconsin,” Bohannon said.

Archived