UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches Blog

08.05.08:

The month of July is finally over! July is a very busy time of year for a college coach and for a student-athlete playing on the AAU circuit. I was on the road for 20 of the 31 days in July. I had to re-introduce myself to my family on August 1. It was a very productive month for us. We are excited about the prospects we are recruiting. The state of Iowa has some talented players in the senior class. We are hoping to get a few. We are not being selfish. We only want a few! Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis played for the Martin Brothers AAU Program. We have recruited kids from the Martin Brothers Program every year. We have always been in the mix but we kept losing them to N. Iowa, Drake, or Creighton which is understandable (closer to home and a great league). The Missouri Valley Conference has kept more Iowa kids from attending Albany! LOL! I had to chuckle when I saw our America East rival (not going to name the school!) showing up at all of the Martin Brothers games in Orlando. I guess every program could use a Brian Lillis or Brent Wilson!

All of our kids are home now. They left on August 1st and will return on August 24th. Our kids worked very hard this summer. Our strength coach Justin Goulet really challenged the kids this summer. Strength increased and body fat decreased. Our kids are also in much better shape. They were running the mile every week and the ¼ mile as well. They played Monday-Friday in the afternoon. It was an opportunity for the new players to get comfortable playing with the veterans.

We will have several prospects take unofficial visits to campus during the month of August. This will give the prospects an opportunity to get a feel for the campus, facilities, and coaching staff. Official visits will begin at the end of August. We have several official visit dates set. We feel very good about the 2009 class. We need to sign three student-athletes to replace Jimmie Covington, Jerel Hastings, and Brian Connelly.

I am going to try to get away with the family for a few days. We went to St. Maarten in June with Kevin Galuski (Our Equipment Manager/Also runs NY Giants Training Camp) and his wife Shannon. We might head up to Lake George for a few days this weekend. I will probably head to Saratoga Race Track for the Alabama and the Travers. The U.S. Open is a possibility as well. My wife and I are huge tennis fans and we try to go every year. August is the time to recharge the batteries for the upcoming year.

Our Golf Classic is progressing nicely. The interest in the event has been impressive. Our goal is to have 36 foursomes which is the maximum that we can have on the 18 hole course. I am confident that we will sell out the event. We have a minor error on the brochure. Lunch will be served during registration and not at the turn. It is going to be a great event and a great day for Albany Basketball!

Am I the only one finding it hilarious that other AE schools are playing the copy cat game and trying to recruit from the same AAU program as us?

Well, he says America East rival, which leads me to believe it is one school. I for one hope it was Binghamton, because that would be hilarious. Wouldn't be too much of a surprise if it was BU or UVM. I don't know that he would have admitted to getting a chuckle from BU however, I just don't see anyone messing around with Wolff (I'd really be afraid to because he might blow a vein in his head, and he is the elder statesman and nobody says anything bad about him). I'm just going to keep thinking it is Binghamton.

http://americaleast.blogspot.com/2008/08/w...go-perhaps.html

That is a subtle slap anyone can appreciate...except Kevin Broadus supporters.

Archived