UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Blog

09.09.08:

We had some great weather for our “Slam Dunk” Golf Classic. This was our first year doing a golf outing and I felt that it went well. Our Golf Committee did a terrific job organizing the event. It is amazing how many little things need to be done to run an event of this magnitude. We had just over 100 golfers participate. We received tremendous support from corporate sponsors. I am confident that we learned a lot and next years event will be even bigger and better. The foursome I played with finished at -8 for the day. That is a pretty respectable score considering my contributions were minimal at best! The course was in great shape and the greens were tough. We appreciate the support from the people at Colonie Country Club.

The revenue generated from this event will go directly in to our Basketball Foundation account. We are trying to raise as much money as possible so we are in a position to go on a foreign tour every four years and so that we can tackle certain projects that will allow our program to continue to grow. We moved our locker room this past summer and that was a major project. I am comfortable saying that our locker room is now as nice or nicer than any other in the America East Conference. We have leather couches, video games, computers, flat screens, a D1 Wall of Fame, and more. Dr. McElroy and his staff were very supportive in our efforts to complete this project. This is why we added the Villanova game! LOL!.

Archived