UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Athlon's 2008 Preview

Link

It looks like we are consistently being picked to finish mid pack and down towards the bottom. Most have us 6th or lower! Very difficult to predict how good/or bad we are gonna be since many of our players (newcomers) are unknown. The freshmen, no one has really seen and the transfers, one just never knows. Of the 13 letter winners on this team 7 are newcomers and one won't even play this year. In the past I've been able to call at least a good portion of the starting lineup, this year I can put one guy there, (Brian) with any degree of certainty.

The more I think about this team and what other teams have coming back, I think this could be another rebuilding year (I hope I'm wrong in this regard). I think it won't be for another year that we return to where we have been (the top) I really like how this team is setting up moving forward as I think we have allot of top notch talent, talent that is very very young. We've been recruiting well, just need to keep the kids that are here to establish some consistency in the makeup of the team.

All in all, I can't wait for this season to start. It will be interesting to see how this team comes together and how the young kids develop.

Looking for a breakout season from Timmy and improved contribution from Giff, time for this young man to step up. Saw Timmy after the football game, it looks like he has been hitting the gym like crazy.

EDIT: Reading the other article posted by DP, it's crazy to think that only five guys are coming back from last years team. One of them didn't even play because of a medical red shirt. WOW

Archived