UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Scrimmage against LIU

As per the TU blog, here is what Coach had to say in response to the scrimmage.

“The scrimmage went OK,” he said. “It could have been a whole lot better. We fouled too much and turned the ball over way too much. The point guard play wasn’t good overall and there were too many mental breakdowns. But that’s what the scrimmages are for. ”

“No one individual really stood out,” Brown continued. “We had a bunch of different guys score the basketball. We didn’t defend and rebound collectively at the level I was hoping for, but we got one scrimmage under our belts and we have another next Saturday. So it’s definitely a good learning experience.”

Brown added he has not settled on a starting lineup or a rotation with the opener at Villanova looming on Nov. 14.

“I played an awful lot of guys a lot of minutes,” Brown said. “I’m just trying to see what guys can do with referees on the floor against another opponent. I’m just trying to learn more about these guys as a group.”

Some interesting stuff there. I'm a little surprised about his comment about the PG play, but then again Raffa did not play in the game...

From I rock the Cape ...Some interesting stuff there. I'm a little surprised about his comment about the PG play, but then again Raffa did not play in the game...

Doesn't surprise me much, sometimes guard especially PG trying to impress try to do too much, hopefully Michael Johnson and whoever else played the point with Raffa out learn from their errors.

The comment that surprised me was that we didn't rebound well - with Jimmy, Brett, Jerel and Brian back I thought we would be solid rebounding.

Doesn't surprise me much, sometimes guard especially PG trying to impress try to do too much, hopefully Michael Johnson and whoever else played the point with Raffa out learn from their errors.

LIU returns four starters including I'm pretty sure their backcourt that might contain the NEC POY. Contrast that with ours containing guys who haven't played together before and it certainly might explain why Coach Brown wasn't thrilled with PG play. I'm expecting some of these problems early on but hopefully get ironed out when we hit the conference schedule. Wondering if Barraza played any time at the point as coach had mentioned before.

Archived