UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blog Entry of 03.16.09!

03.16.09:

The season has come to an end. I was very pleased that we had the opportunity to host the America East Conference Championship Tournament. I thought we did a terrific job as the host school and I really do appreciate the efforts of all involved. The games were exciting. I was proud of our kids. I thought we played very hard and had a big win against a talented Vermont team. We just could not score enough and lost to a good UMBC team who received a big time performance from senior point guard Jay Greene.

Mike Johnson gave us a great lift down the stretch. His assist/turnover ration was excellent and he hit some big FT's against Vermont. He made great strides late in the season and we will continue to work with him on developing a consistent jump shot. That is the missing piece for Mike to take his game to another level. His court vision and defense are his strengths.

I was very happy to see that Tim and Will made the All America East 3rd Team. Jerel Hastings was rewarded for his defensive consistency by making the All AE Defensive Team. He is such a great kid and will be sorely missed. He has been an absolute pleasure to coach.

Brian Connelly and Jimmie Covington both enjoyed very productive careers at Albany. Brian and Jimmie are program kids and enjoyed success on the court and in the class room. They will be very successful in life.

Ralph Watts will be playing in Glens Falls this Saturday at 9 a.m. in the state semi-finals. He has enjoyed an excellent senior season. If they can win on Saturday they will most likely play #1 ranked Jamesville-Dewitt who beat them in the state championship game last year. Peekskill is currently ranked #2.

We begin spring individual workouts and weights next week. This is the time for the returning players to really improve. We are very excited about the potential of our team for next year.

03.16.09:

The season has come to an end. I was very pleased that we had the opportunity to host the America East Conference Championship Tournament. I thought we did a terrific job as the host school and I really do appreciate the efforts of all involved. The games were exciting. I was proud of our kids. I thought we played very hard and had a big win against a talented Vermont team. We just could not score enough and lost to a good UMBC team who received a big time performance from senior point guard Jay Greene.

Mike Johnson gave us a great lift down the stretch. His assist/turnover ration was excellent and he hit some big FT's against Vermont. He made great strides late in the season and we will continue to work with him on developing a consistent jump shot. That is the missing piece for Mike to take his game to another level. His court vision and defense are his strengths.

I was very happy to see that Tim and Will made the All America East 3rd Team. Jerel Hastings was rewarded for his defensive consistency by making the All AE Defensive Team. He is such a great kid and will be sorely missed. He has been an absolute pleasure to coach.

Brian Connelly and Jimmie Covington both enjoyed very productive careers at Albany. Brian and Jimmie are program kids and enjoyed success on the court and in the class room. They will be very successful in life.

Ralph Watts will be playing in Glens Falls this Saturday at 9 a.m. in the state semi-finals. He has enjoyed an excellent senior season. If they can win on Saturday they will most likely play #1 ranked Jamesville-Dewitt who beat them in the state championship game last year. Peekskill is currently ranked #2.

We begin spring individual workouts and weights next week. This is the time for the returning players to really improve. We are very excited about the potential of our team for next year.

Sounds like maybe CB will be making an appearance as well Saturday at the Watts game! Also seems like coach really has nice hopes for Mike. He did a good job running the team down the stretch, and if he can become a reliable perimiter player, he could become a real big asset next season

Archived