UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA gets a mention in Dayton NCAA Program

I just found out from a friend (I haven't seen it) that in the Program for the NCAAs at Dayton on page 22 most of the page was about UA v. UCONN in 2006. It appears in the section entitled "Close Calls".

There is also, supposedly a decent picture of Brent Wilson scoring inside while Jon Iati looks in from the perimeter.

A loss is a loss but it's good to see that we are still getting national recognition ( free advertising) from our 1st NCAA appearance.

Being the local Capital Region Media was out their covering Siena I was surprised noone mentioned it as a "Oh by the way" - minor sidebar.

I couldn't tell you if the local media had a blurb on it as I have not seen much of the local media in the last 3 weeks.

But I can tell you it was the same page in the Greensboro program so it probably was in all 8 first round programs. Probably the only difference in programs amoung the sites was the 8 teams rosters and some of the advertising in the roster section.

The article also said that 67 schools have been number 16 and even tough UA lost it certainly was nice to get some pub in the program.

There is also, supposedly a decent picture of Brent Wilson scoring inside while Jon Iati looks in from the perimeter.

It is a good picture looking left at the basket from behind on the baseline just to the right of being under the basket. Brent Wilson laying the ball in the basket in front of 22 of UConn. Iati is behind the 3 point arc and 5 of UConn is the only other player in the picture.

The photo was coutesy of Albany(New York) Sports Information.

Archived