UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A win is a win is a win. The outcome was just what the Dr. ordered in what can only be described as a "trap game". A big win followed by a game against an inferior opponent that we should run off the field. For the record SHU was better then I expected. Turnovers killed them and they were a desperate team. They played us tougher then they did Marist and Holy Cross which I think is what we will see the rest of the way in the NEC.

Defense has been very good since halftime of the Maine game and I think will only get better. It seems like a swagger is with our defense and that is a good thing. I would like to see more pressure on QB's but will take giving up 9 points a game for the rest of the season.

No turnovers is a big plus. keep it going abnd it will even out.

A big concern is on Offense. Dane 96 and I have been worried about this since camp started is the O Line. They are not taking games over like they did in years past. They need to be experimenting with combinations and get some of those huge Frosh horses some playing time. We should be bigger up front and will be in the future. We are smallish and more athletic and it is hurting our ability to finish drives. That game should of been 35-9.

St.Francis will be tougher then usual and I think they are better then SHU. They are at home so this is no gimme. They should of beaten Wagner soundly. They will be hungry and have the Albany bullseye to shoot for. This is a game I feel we should also win, but I feel that way about everyone until we get to CCSU and Monmouth.

A big concern is on Offense. Dane 96 and I have been worried about this since camp started is the O Line. They are not taking games over like they did in years past. They need to be experimenting with combinations and get some of those huge Frosh horses some playing time. We should be bigger up front and will be in the future. We are smallish and more athletic and it is hurting our ability to finish drives. That game should of been 35-9.

Yes the O line isn't what it used to be, but give these guys some time. You have three new guys starting (I don't consider Sparano a new starter since he split reps @ center last year with Richards). What huge freshman guys are you talking bout? Migliore is currently out with an ankle, and Anderson has been getting some reps in that double TE formation. If guys are warranting playing time they would definitely be rotating in, as that's what Morita does and what Rossomando did back when he was here. Theres no point of getting TRUE freshman game reps since there goes bye bye to their redshirt year..which most these guys need up front.

Also, size isn't everything...last years o line wasn't nearly as heavy as it was listed..yeah, Nguti was 330.. but Schultz was around 260, Richards around 270, Stevens around 270, and Leible around 270.

I am not suggesting that these guys are not good players. They need to be playing better. Size matters a whole bunch when you run the ball for a living like we have been doing for centuries @ Albany. If you want to take over a game or bleed the clock, size is very important. I don't know what their actual sizes were from last year, but they were smaller then UMASS was on D last season and this one. IMHO UMASS and Delaware are the benchmarks for our program. UMASS was enormous upfront on offense. Point being they are not dominating like in years past. Will they improve? They better. SHU was tiny upfront on D and we struggled. Coach said it in the paper we are struggling upfront.

The future looks bright from what I read on the roster, providing their sizes are accurate. They have some enormous players. Four of them are over 6'4 and 300lbs. Combine that with a good nucleous from this year and we will be a force upfront. I agree on the redshirt kids. Kadeem Williams is not a redshirt, he should be getting reps unless he is not good enough. At this level the Oline should be between 6'3-6'6 and weigh 295lbs-325lbs. The center can be smaller. See UMASS O line.

I hear you that they did struggle against Sacred Heart, and they do need to be playing better..I was personally surprised that our running game wasn't doing much considering Sacred Heart was also missing one of their better d-lineman. If a guy can be 325lb and be athletic, im all for being that big..its just that if guys are 300lbs and cant move, there's no need to be that big. I really don't think we're recruiting that caliber of scholarship offensive lineman yet that the UMass's and Delaware's of the world are getting..most of our guys are going to guys that need a year or two to develop.. Football has changed where tackles need to be able to block speed rushers, and considering we have opened it up on offense and are playing big time opponents who have the athletes @ defense end, we need that athleticism @ tackle... Kadeem Williams is a true freshman...You got Peifer whos a R-So @ RT and Gonzalez whos a R-Jr @ LT with other guys waiting in their wings, why wouldn't you have Williams redshirt? if he was capable of starting I'm pretty sure the coaches would have him playing...otherwise, why waste a year of eligibility so he can play the last 5 minutes against St. Francis or Wagner? Let the kid get bigger, stronger, and faster, and most importantly, better football technique, and im sure in the next few years he'll be a force on our o-line.

Archived