UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bryant has been a great addition to the NEC. This was the one game on the schedule I didn't want to see though because they are a decent team and they'll be coming into UField trying to prove to the NEC and Albany that they are for real.

They've had a pretty weird season so far:

W vs. So. Conn. (DII) 19-10

L vs. Hofstra 24-40 in a driving rain storm

W @ RMU 20-13

W vs. Wagner 6-2 driving rain storm. the safety by Wagner was scored on a bad snap by the Bryant punter.

L @ Fordham 7-35

The Fordam loss is puzzling to me. Fordham is pretty bad this year so I thought Bryant would keep it close. I suspect that the Fordham game was no a true representation of the Bryant team and thus I wouldn't expect a blowout this weekend by us. But then again, I didn't expect the blowout last weekend either. Maybe we'll be presently surprised again.

Bryant team stats:

http://64.246.64.33/...tat.aspx?id=771

Things that stand out to me:

Balanced offensive attack - 150 rushing, 150 passing yards a game.

They fumble the ball a lot. 15 fumbles in 5 games isn't good.

They spread the ball around to 3 different WR's, each of whom has at least 1 TD this year.

But their QB is not very accurate, only completing about 46% of his passes. He's only been picked off once this year though, compared to 7 TD's.

Defensively they are pretty tough. They've only allowed 286 yards a game, which is 127 rushing and a 159 passing.

Bryant stat leaders:

Rushing

Jerell Smith (Sr., 5-9, 185) 108-544 yards, 2 TD (108.8 ave/game)

Lindsey Gamble (Sr., 5-9, 200) 48-183 yards, 0 TD (36.6 ave./game)

Passing

Mike Croce (So., 5-11, 200) 63-137, 765 yards, 7 TD, 1 INT (153.0 ave/game)

Receiving

Matt Tracey (Jr., 6-5, 250) 15-213 yards, 2 TD (42.6 ypg)

Mike Canfora (Jr., 5-10, 180) 15-179 yards, 1 TD (35.8 ypg)

Khalel Pritchard (Sr., 5-9, 170) 10-161 yards, 3 TD (32.2 ypg)

Game notes:

Albany - http://www.ualbanysp...ents1/70805.pdf

Bryant - http://www.bryantbul..._Gm6_Albany.pdf

We've now won 16 straight NEC games and 11 straight at home.

The 16 NEC wins in a row is the longest league win streak in the nation. We've also only let up 1 TD since the first half of the Maine game (the last 14 quarters). Lets keep it going boys!

Program doesn't list all the starters but three of the D-linemen highlighted go 255, 285, 295, bigger than we usually face.

Edit: they had one OL at 6-7 320, and couple others at 300+

Eleven penalties, 120 yds. was bad, some of them VERY untimely. 7 on Bryant.

Seems they made a lot of yds. on crossing routes underneath. One big play just before their first touchdown, we had three DBs between the hash marks and sidelines, covering nobody in particular, and the back just curled inside for a big gain.

Tobben on the radio was wishing for replay on one play where their QB seemed to be across the line. It was close.

Attendance 2,824 (if true) was pretty good. That's a total of 17K for four games with one left. Bryant had a good turnout on their side.

Archived