UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

LAX beats Stony Brook

I was hoping that someone better versed in lacrosse than I would post their thoughts about Saurday's 16-7 defeat of Stone Brook, but seeing as no one has, I'll post the following after reminding everyone that I really don't know much about the strategies of the game.

1. The stands constructed are laughably inadequate. They were way too small for last week, when students were out. I realize that of the 3 remaining homegames, 2 will be played on the football field. I've never been to a women's lacrosse game and so I don't know what they draw. But, with good weather, it would seem that a good crowd for next Saturday's game against Vermont is a possibility and more stands are needed.

2. I was very impressed with the freshmen attackers Thomson, Resetarits, and Wolf. Kudos to the coaching staff for being able to recruit at this level. Thomson in particular can get his shot off very quickly and on two occasions was able to catch and shoot in one motion. There was one play in the beginning of the 4th quarter where the defenseman carried the ball way upfield, passed to Daquino who had what appeared to me to be a very good shot, but Daquino passed to Thomson cutting from the side and Thomson caught and shot in one motion scoring easily.

3. To use a basketball analogy, Daquino seems to have accepted the role of point guard and runs the offense on most possessions. Given that he was the top scorer last season, it looks like his role has been changed to accomodate the freshmen scorers. I did note that on occasion Solozzo runs the offense and Daquino gets to play in front of the goal.

4. At least twice that I can recall, Coach Marr called very timely time outs. These were occasions when the player had the ball but was in imminint danger of losing it, again similar to the basketball situation where the player gets doubleteamed against the sideline with the 10 second clock running down and the coach calls a time out from the bench.

5. Kevin Rae amazes me whenever I see him play. After a slow start, including once when he tripped while clearing the ball and gave Stony Brook an empty net goal, he clamped down in the second and third quarters and was really solid. He was so much better than the Stony Brook goalies.

I would urge even casual fans to come out and support this team when they play Yale on Wednesday night and Vermont on Satuday afternoon.

Speaking to the stands issue, I think you have to take into account with the facilities plan going on right now, they probably knew or thought that the field will or could get moved, and as such planned to build only a temporary solution in terms of bleachers for this season and next.

If the field gets moved or becomes turf (in the same location as now), then I think you'll see the stands increase appreciably.