UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football: All-Purpose Yards

Last year I looked at the all-purpose yards (APY) for the football team to get an idea on how young they were.

This year (with a real passing game) the yards don't mean as much, but as I am at home convalescing from an illness, and I can't sit still, a few notes:

1) Last year's sophomore-heavy team is now a junior-heavy team (duh), but the freshman and sophomores are contributing well.

2) APYs are through the roof this year (557 yard avg.)

3) Rhakeem Wiggins (WR) and Everett Tune (TB) are the only two offensive players that did not graduate that do not have yards this year that had them last year.

4) Clay Harris was added as a kick returner, because I didn't want those yards to go to the defense, and he is listed as a cornerback.

5) Brian Parker is listed as an OT on the roster, but he was moved to TE in the Spring and he had a 57 yard TD reception against CCSU (Thanks DF for the confirmation.)

(Graph is next post...)

Also, a search could find me the answer, but the graph seems to indicate that both Tramaine Wilson and Ben Miseikis are out, right?

Two sophomore tailbacks that could have skewed the numbers even more in the underclassmen's favor.

Miseikis broke his leg against Columbia (ugly injury).

Not sure on Wilson though.

Last year I looked at the all-purpose yards (APY) for the football team to get an idea on how young they were.

This year (with a real passing game) the yards don't mean as much, but as I am at home convalescing from an illness, and I can't sit still, a few notes:

1) Last year's sophomore-heavy team is now a junior-heavy team (duh), but the freshman and sophomores are contributing well.

2) APYs are through the roof this year (557 yard avg.)

3) Rhakeem Wiggins (WR) and Everett Tune (TB) are the only two offensive players that did not graduate that do not have yards this year that had them last year.

4) Clay Harris was added as a kick returner, because I didn't want those yards to go to the defense, and he is listed as a cornerback.

5) Brian Parker is an OT, but he had a 57 yard reception against CCSU? I realize everybody got a yard in that game, but is that accurate?

(Graph is next post...)

Parker was moved to TE in the Spring and yes he did have 57 yard TD reception.

Also, a search could find me the answer, but the graph seems to indicate that both Tramaine Wilson and Ben Miseikis are out, right?

Two sophomore tailbacks that could have skewed the numbers even more in the underclassmen's favor.

Wilson

G1: 80

G2: 45

G3: 20

G4: 27

G5: 0

G6: 0

G7: 0

Coincides with the Romain injury, for the most part.

Wilson

G1: 80

G2: 45

G3: 20

G4: 27

G5: 0

G6: 0

G7: 0

Coincides with the Romain injury, for the most part.

Wilson has actually been moved to Safety now. I remember them saying that after Osbourne emerged as the strong #3 RB.

Pretty nice to have the kind of depth at RB.

Archived