UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2004/2005 Hoop Season!!!!!!!

With Football practicing Basketball Season is just around the corner (actually 2 months away).

In a couple of weeks the guys will be back on campus and staring some informal work outs and doing their conditioning.

I am predicting atleast a 10 game improvement over last season.

I recently had some conversation with people who have been around the campus most of the summer and the word is that -

"Der Big Man" will be just that, and he will be a contributor offensively, rebounding and defensively. The word I heard is that the coaches are very happy to have him (it was worth the wait).

Lucious is in good shape(he's a man) and will be a major contributor.

Jamar is still getting his legs in shape but is a solid 20lbs heavier then he was as a frosh.

Levi has dropped some weight and is in good shape.

Iati added a few pounds and looks good.

Dyson is big and strong and has a surprisingly soft touch around the hoop but must work on his back to the basket moves and he found it hard scoring over "Der Big Guy" hopefully most of our opponents have a problem with Zoellner also.

The other freshman got a taste this summer of the competition for the fall.

The rest of the returnees realize that their will be alot of competition in practice for game time.

Perry was not on campus this summer but will be here for new student orientation. I'm sure he's a player because there was no reason to recruit another guard especially a JC guard unless the staff found one that they felt could contribute immediately.

All in all things are looking up, now if the Danes can stay healthy, the team develops some good chemistry and our new gym floor doesn't cause too much of a delay and/or inconvenience - the Danes will turn the corner and become a true DI Basketball Team.

Edited by Patch

I am predicting at least a 10 game improvement over last season ... the Danes will turn the corner and become a true DI Basketball Team.  - Patch

there is finally reason for sincere optimism ... the facts i've heard are that zoellner can get off the floor, but that it might take a while before dyson makes any real impact ... time will tell ... nice to finally have depth ... already looking forward to nov. 23rd ... hoping that an improved record will finally bring out the on-campus student body

I think Albany has a good shot at .500 this year, perhaps a little better. As for Dyson, I told you guys he would need a few years, although he does give you depth and 5 more fouls up front. Der Big Man will help with rebounding, shot blocking, although he doesn’t bring much offensively and he will struggle defending some of the smaller faster centers in the AE.

Still I like Albany’s core of players in Wilson, Jordan, Levine and Iati , if Brown can make all the pieces work Albany could surprise this year!!!