UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Compact Planning

UAFAN

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, earlier this year I directed my Executive Team to implement a Compact Budget process to aid us in making more strategic investment decisions across all divisions of the University. Today I am pleased to announce the successful completion of the University’s pilot Compact Budget process for the 2016-17 fiscal year.

This new methodology for resource allocation cultivates more strategic, collaborative, transparent, and sustainable budgeting. The approach supports our goal of advancing the University at Albany to the status of a world-class public research university—a goal that requires strategic alignment between our resources and our priorities. As part of that alignment, all funded projects will be evaluated on a quarterly basis to track the impact and effectiveness of our investments.

The pilot process produced 280 proposals from across the University. In consultation with the Compact Team, I selected 52 projects for funding, an investment of $5.1 million in base (recurring) allocations and $3.7 million in one-time allocations to be implemented in the 2016-17 fiscal year. Throughout this process, academic and administrative leaders found new ways to collaborate, and in many cases were able to join forces on existing proposals, or to develop new ideas together.

The funded projects represent a wide range of divisions, all targeted to priority areas, including:

• Expanding the University’s academic footprint through investments in the new College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, faculty hires, and expanded program offerings.

• Growing our enrollments through recruitment, retention and enhancements to the student experience.

• Building our research portfolio, including continuation of the Presidential Initiatives Fund for Research and Scholarship, which seeds transformative research across all disciplines.

To learn more about the Compact Budget process and to view the complete list of funded projects for 2016-17, please log on to MyUAlbany and click on the Financial tab.

I’d like to recognize and thank the Compact Team, my Executive Committee, the Council of Deans, and faculty leaders for their deep engagement in this transformative process. This new level of collaboration and planning is truly accelerating the University at Albany's movement toward the next level of excellence.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Jones

President

ATHLETICS FUNDED:

Washers & Dryers: $37,000 (One-time)

Sports Medicine Assistants: $92,000 (Approved Base)

Asst Athletic Director for Game Operations : $90,000 (One-time)

Director of Promotions/Social Media: $60,000 (One-time)

Block funding: $200,000 (Approved Base)

International Tax

Summer school Funding

Cost of Attendance - Basketball Teams

New Weight Room Equip for varsity weight room: $75,000 (one-time)

Replace Therapeutic Modalities: $40,000 (one-time)

Security Upgrades: $45,000 (One-time)

Assistant Director, Annual giving for Athletics: $60,000 (one-time) -- University Development

Edited by UAFAN

International Tax

Summer school Funding

Interesting.

This is also interesting:

Why are these labled as one-time? Wouldn't these be base as they are ongoing costs (because it's a new job that was created I'm guessing)? Glad to see that they are bringing someone in with social media savy.

International Tax

Summer school Funding

Interesting.

This is also interesting:

Why are these labled as one-time? Wouldn't these be base as they are ongoing costs (because it's a new job that was created I'm guessing)? Glad to see that they are bringing someone in with social media savy.

Maybe part of their role is to generate the income needed to fund those positions.