UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Today my daughter's college, Jacksonville University in FL, announced they are discontinuing the football program.  They were in the FCS Pioneer League.  UA played them in 2008 in the Gridiron Classic and won 28-0 in the snow.  They said they would rather spend the money in other sports.  I know the president is high on mens Lax since no college in FL is D1 except them.  Offering full scholies to players who stay to finish degree.  Reminds me of Hofstra several years ago who did the same though they had a good following and rivals in SBU.  JU has to compete with UF, FSU, the U, UCF, etc for attention and players.  Makes sense I guess.

3 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Today my daughter's college, Jacksonville University in FL, announced they are discontinuing the football program.  They were in the FCS Pioneer League.  UA played them in 2008 in the Gridiron Classic and won 28-0 in the snow.  .

Wasn't snowing but the field was frozen to muddy, I remember them whining  that we must have watered the field before the cold snap (like Bob Ford was so great he could control the weather) and they didn't have the right shoes

49 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Wasn't snowing but the field was frozen to muddy, I remember them whining  that we must have watered the field before the cold snap (like Bob Ford was so great he could control the weather) and they didn't have the right shoes

Back then the TV production was not good so the frozen field looked snow covered, lol.  Remember watching it and thinking a FL team will struggle on the field conditions as they did.