UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany women win tonight!

From the UAlbany website:

SCHUMACHER LEADS UALBANY OVER AIR FORCE, 86-65, AT NAU TOURNAMENT

Flagstaff, Ariz. – Jen Schumacher scored a career-high 31 points, including a school-record 25 in the first half, to lead UAlbany past Air Force, 86-65, in the consolation round of the Northern Arizona Thanksgiving Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 27.

UAlbany (2-1) took the lead from the opening tip and relinquished it only once, less than two minutes into the game.

Schumacher netted one of her school-record eight three-point field goals with 12:53 left in the first half to put the Great Danes up by 10 before Air Force cut the lead back to six at the 9:18 mark.

The Falcons were still within nine with 3:23 left in the period, before Schumacher and Maree Jones sparked a 14-3 run to end the half.

Schumacher, who tied the fifth-best single-game scoring total in school history, came back from the intermission and nailed her eighth trey of the night off an assist from Sherri Mikus. UAlbany never looked back, leading by as many as 26 in the second stanza.

"We were able to quickly rebound from a disappointing loss. Getting beat at the buzzer can take a lot out of you," said UAlbany coach Trina Patterson, whose team lost to Northern Arizona, 64-61, in the opening round. "Bouncing back like this showed our character."

Schumacher, who went 8-of-10 from behind the 3-point arc as well as going 5-of-5 from the charity stripe, shattered the single-game three-point standard. Jess McGinlay (2003) and Megan Buchanan (2000) shared the previous mark with seven in a game.

"Most of the shots, there was nothing between me and the basket," Schumacher said. "My teammates found me when I was wide open. We were really revved up from last night so it was good to show how good we really are."

Jones, who was named to the all-tournament team, recorded a career-high 21 points against the Falcons. The senior forward added five rebounds and four assists. Danielle Hucheson recorded 14 points and was one rebound shy of her first double-double of the season with nine.

Air Force (1-3) was led by Pamela Findlay with 15 points. Alicia Steele recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Falcons.

Schumacher shot a better % (8-10) from behind the arc than either team did from the free throw line. She is an amazing shooter. From reading the story I was curious how much she played the point. The boxscore has Mikus getting 7 assists although I don't know when she got them. If Mikus can play the point well with Schumacher's outside shooting this team will be tough.

Both team's are 2-1 and haven't played a home game yet this year.