UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Army game weather

Not to discourage anyone from making the trip but I thought I'd pass this along.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST TUESDAY FROM THE MOHAWK VALLEY CAPITAL DISTRICT AND NORTHERN BERKSHIRES SOUTHWARD THROUGH EASTERN NEW YORK AND ADJACENT WESTERN NEW ENGLAND...

THE ADVISORY IS DUE PRIMARILY TO LIGHT FREEZING RAIN... FREEZING DRIZZLE AND SLEET. THE FREEZING PRECIPITATION WILL CAUSE UNTREATED ROAD SURFACES TO BECOME TREACHEROUS. BEFORE THE FREEZING PRECIPITATION BEGINS... THERE WILL BE A FEW INCHES OF SNOW. THE SNOW WILL BEGIN IN THE WESTERN MOHAWK VALLEY AND THE CATSKILLS LATE THIS MORNING. IT WILL BEGIN IN THE BERKSHIRES AND LITCHFIELD HILLS EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. A 1 TO 3 INCH ACCUMULATION IS LIKELY. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATION IS LIKELY IN THE CATSKILLS AND WESTERN MOHAWK VALLEY. THE SNOW WILL CHANGE TO LIGHT FREEZING RAIN... FREEZING DRIZZLE AND SLEET THIS EVENING. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF OR END SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Dane Pound,

I may be considered a devil's advocate on the weather topic, but here is more information that may make someone's decision more difficult.

I will be frank. For my wife, the distance to the Army game is the closest thing we have to a home game, and even we are debating whether the weather is good for going.

I have checked a couple Internet sites on the weather, and a trip to Army from the north may be more difficult than the trip back home.

The Weather Channel and Accuweather agree that the precipitation in the area around West Point will clear up within a couple hours of the end of the game. One site has the possibility for ice and slippery conditions at Kristl (no pun intended) Arena closer to the beginning of the game; the other site predicts the fun time towards the end (provided, of course, the number of overtime periods is limited).

It looks like an iffy situation. Best of luck to those needing to make a decision.

Here is the latest weather info which came across my desktop:

"THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR TONIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

UNTIL 4:30PM EST

Wswaly

"Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Albany NY 320 PM EST Mon Dec 6 2004

"2130- Eastern Albany NY-Eastern Columbia NY-Eastern Dutchess NY- Eastern Greene NY-Eastern Rensselaer NY-Eastern Schenectady NY- Eastern Ulster NY-Montgomery NY-Northern Berkshire MA- Northern Fulton NY-Northern Litchfield CT-Schoharie NY- Southern Berkshire MA-Southern Fulton NY-Southern Herkimer NY- Southern Litchfield CT-Southern Saratoga NY-Western Albany NY- Western Columbia NY-Western Dutchess NY-Western Greene NY- Western Rensselaer NY-Western Schenectady NY-Western Ulster NY- Including The Cities Of... Albany... Amsterdam... Beacon... Canajoharie... Catskill... Chatham... Clifton Park... Cobleskill... Cohoes... Colonie... Delmar... East Greenbush... Ellenville... Fonda... Gloversville... Great Barrington... Herkimer... Hoosick Falls... Hudson... Hunter... Ilion... Johnstown... Kingston... Latham... Little Falls... Mechanicville... Nassau... New Milford... New Paltz... North Adams... Pawling... Pittsfield... Poughkeepsie... Rensselaer... Rhinebeck... Rotterdam... Saugerties... Schenectady... Scotia... Torrington... Troy And Watervliet 320 PM EST Mon Dec 6 2004

"... The Winter Weather Advisory For Tonight Has Been Cancelled...

"After The Snow Ends This Evening... Only Spotty Light Precipitation Is Expected Overnight. As A Result... The Winter Weather Advisory For Tonight Has Been Cancelled.

"Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio And Other Local Media For Further Details Or Updates."

I don't know whether this weather info will make anyone's decision easier or not. Good luck with your decisions.

Whether you appear in person or listen on the radio, the Great Danes would appreciate your support tonight. It is critical for us to get back on the right track.