UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brian Connelly

I haven't heard much about Connelly other than what is posted in the 05-06 recruiting section.

What is next year's outlook for him on the team? Is he going to essentially take over Q's spot in the line-up, whether it being a starting role or off the bench? Or will Coach Brown go with Brent Wilson as the next forward in line? As he is already getting a lot of playing time this season as a freshman.

What would that make next year's starting line-up look like?

GODANESGO

Right now you have an idea of what Brent Wilson can do, and it looks decent. He is adjusting to DI comp and he hasn't shot the ball well yet. He should have plenty of upside.

Connelly is just a recruit playing HS ball, he should fit in well but if Brent improves and adds some strength I think he'll be a starter for 3 years to come. If somehow he's kept out of the starting lineup I would think that's a sign the coaching staff has done another great recruiting job.

If the coaches are shopping here's my Christmas wish list....

I'm hoping for a 6'7" 235lb monster on the offensive glass. Very hard to find.

If we get another pick to fill Perry's schollie I'd like to see a very athletic 6'6" athletic slasher from the wing.

Don't forget we'll also have Lillis back for 3 or possibly 4 years if the injury is more serious then first thought.

I don't know that we could guess about next year starting lineup when this years doesn't seem to be settled.

I agree with you Patch about bringing in another big guy. We lose two this year with the graduation of Q and Wyatt. I'd like to see Perry's scholarship go to Courtney Johnson. He's earned it as far as I'm concerned.

It is my understanding that Courtney Johnson's education is paid for in full between EOP and academic grants. There is really no economic reason to expend an athletic scholarship there. Similarly, I believe Jen Schumacher attends on a full Presidential scholarship, and not an athletic scholarship.

From what I've heard Courtney is a very bright young man who qualifies for academic aid as well as other financial aid.

He's basically on scholarship now.

If he wasn't being taken care of pretty well I think giving him a "ship" would be nice.

Now it's time for the coaches to find us a beast on the boards thats what we really don't have, someone who can go to the offensive boards, Hard.

Apparently I was wrong about Connelly's first game. Maybe it was an exhibition?

Anyway, I stumbled across an article about him from last year. Gives some insight to how good his high school team has been and what kind of athlete he is. According to the story he had previously played point guard. Connelly story.