UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A Chip on my Shoulder

A Chip on my Shoulder

by: Craig Mroczka (1/25/2005)

When I talked to the team on media day back in November I sensed a team that had a purpose, a team that felt disrespected, a team that exuded confidence and wanted to win. To me there is no team that is more dangerous than a team with a chip on its shoulder. That is the team that started the season 5-1. Now, the ladies are at 7-8 and a disappointing 2-4 in conference play. Where is that team we saw in the early season that had that chip on their shoulder. This UAlbany team is proving all of those coaches right who voiced their opinions in the preseason. If I was in their shoes, that fact would never stop driving me. I hate it when people say I can't do something. There is no better feeling in the world then proving somebody wrong. If UAlbany keeps playing the way they are playing this conference season will be a long one. I've tried not to be critical of this team in this rough stretch, but It kills me to see this team play this way when I know there is so much more inside of them. I again hope for the best with a tough Hartford team coming to town on wednesday night. Albany defeated Hartford 3 times last season including a 52-50 win in the America East quarterfinals. Last season, Hartford was a turning point for the Great Danes. On January 24th of last year Albany came into Hartford 1-4 in conference while Hartford was undefeated at 5-0. Albany squeeked by with a 57-53 victory and to a 9-9 conference record. Once again its Hartford coming in 5-1 to face a struggling Danes team. Have the stars alligned once again for the ladies? Will this game against Hartford be another turning point? Hartford remembers those three losses from last season and they will be geared up for this one. What will it take for the Danes to win tomorrow? A team that has a pretty big chip on their shoulders.