UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

There's a good story in today's TU about Albany Softball pictcher Amanda Morin. She transfered from Florida Atlantic and has won two player of the week awards. Cannata seems to do a really good job re-recruiting and sticking with recruits to get them to come to UA. UAlbany easing pitcher's pain-TU

I'll confess to not knowing much softball strategy, so can someone enlighten me on these questions:

1. If Morin pitched the first game of the DH, why put her in relief in the second game with an 8-0 lead?

2. Why was each game only 5 innings? Is an 8 run lead after five considered the "mercy rule"?

Most of my softball strategy has involved not knocking my beer overl while trying to shag a fly ball. If I had to guess about Morin pitching it could be that they have a week or so layoff until their next game and she has plenty of time to rest. Maybe once she's warmed up it doesn't matter how much she pitches that day it just hurts the next day.

8 wins in a row is a nice way to finish out the road trip.

With conference action starting this weekend, what is the plan on when Morin will pitch? If she can't pitch back to back days, do they use her the first game Saturday, so they can use her as a closer the second game if needed; or do they pitch their second pitcher first on Saturday, which I assume is Casey Halloran, so she can be slightly more rested for Sunday, or are they going with 3 different starters?

To ask a different way - if one wanted to watch Amanda Morin pitch, what time should one show up on Saturday?