UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Does anyone know if the football team is scrimmaging again this weekend? When?

9305[/snapback]

Scrimmage is scheduled for today from 3:00 to 5:00 Saturday 27 Auugust

I just spent the day constructing a new lawn for my daughter, so I got your message late. Thanks ayway, Johnboy. Hopefully, they will be scrimmaging again next Saturday. I'll set time aside to make that.

I went to the scrimmage yesterday. There were maybe a couple of dozen people there. Probably mostly family but there were some students there also.

As expected the defense was ahead of the offense this early in the season. Offense mostly ran passing plays and the few running plays they ran got stuffed. A lot of missed routes by the recievers especially later in the scrimmage. Several passes went one way while the reciever cut in the other direction. I have to say just about everything thrown in the vicinity was caught which also was true for the defense who had a nice interception.

I forgot to bring a roster so I wasn't sure who everyone was. I know Raphael Nguti

got lots of reps on the o-line and he is enormous. He dwarfed the rest of the line which is pretty big itself.

Quarterbacks-they rotated Espisito, Hall, Bocanegra and Kyle Watson. Seemed to me Hall got more snaps but Bocanegra got a good amount also. Watson and Espisito didn't get many and looked like, well, freshman. Watson is really big, looked like a fullback out there.

Hall defenitetly was the most polished guy out there. Made some nice passes over the middle and with a good arm. I thought he was the best runner of the QBs as well.

Bocanegra is super skinny. He's listed at 195 on the roster and that seems heavy to me. Terrific arm with a very quick delivery. I don't recall seeing him run at all but over time he looks like he could be the QB we've been looking for. I'm not sure it will happen early but we look to have a respectible passing game for the first time in a while.

I'm not sure if they're new but I noticed they have Great Danes banners up on the perimiter road around the atheltics fields. Looks good. I had a couple of students ask me where they could watch the soccer scrimmage. After football was over I checked out it and there were a few dozen people watching the scrimmage with I think Bing. Didn't know soccer was that popular on campus.

They didn't really do enough running plays for me to see. Alot of passing and the few running plays were quarterback draws and scrambles. None of the running backs stood out to me but they didn't have a lot of plays to work with.