UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Odd as it seems in a 40-point game, the defense actually played pretty well - no long scoring plays, UMass only scored twice (plus the near-game-ending knees) and punted five times and missed a FG on 9 drives starting in their own territory. Tough to stop 'em if they start on your side of the field.

Just kills you to see all the bad snaps. then have to read about "NCAA div. I-AA record three safeties" - two on bad snaps into the end zone- and "school record defense of 31 yards allowed" - because of the Team Rushing loss of -73 yards, also bad snaps. I knew I could count on Singelais to point all of that out in the T-U.

Offense just had no chance even when they did hang onto the ball. The quick kick was no surprise on our side of the field.

After seeing UMass' stadium, i was impressed with the atmosphere and the facility. It was nothing spectacular but blew university field away. Why instead of waiting for years for this new stadium, we should just build newer bigger stands on the visitors side of university field and in the endzones? This would be fine for i aa

It would also be nice - but unlikely - if UAlbany had a marching band as great as that at UMass. They were impressive and seemed to excite the fans as much as their team did. I seem to recall that they were rated the top collegiate band in the country just a few years ago.

The atmosphere at UMass was electric - and I don't mean the thunderstorm prior to the game. There were people mulling everywhere with many, many tailgate parties. The students in the end zone seats reminded me of the RAAC Rowdies times ten.

The whole scene made me dream of what could be at UAlbany.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been on the staff of the Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences at UMass for the past 28 years (now part time since my retirement 3 years ago). However, this was the first UMass football game that I have ever attended. My loyalty was and always be with UAlbany and I've preferred the trek to Albany rather than UMass since I left UA after grad school in 72.