UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hughes news!!!!!

According to Fox23 website:

UAlbany's Wilson And Hughes To Miss Colgate Game

The UAlbany Great Danes will be without Jamar Wilson and Jamal Hughes Tuesday at Colgate. Both players have missed the Danes first two games of the season. Wilson is rehabbing a broken kneecap. He practiced lightly Sunday morning, but is not ready to play in a game. The earliest Wilson would return to the lineup is Friday against Army, but that is unlikely according to head coach Will Brown. If Wilson's injury does not fully heal, Albany does have an option to medically redshirt last year's America East Freshman of the Year. A decision has to be made before the Great Danes eighth contest of the season (December 28th vs. UMass.) Hughes continues to be away from the team for personal reasons and is also out for the Colgate game. Brown is expecting Hughes to return later in the week. The junior college transfer from Rochester has missed three weeks of practice time.

I hope Fox 23 has it right.

More importantly he has missed three weeks of school. Luckily, Thanksgiving was in the middle but I'm sure he'll have a ton of work to make up. Let's hope all is well with Hughes and that Jamar heals totally, if not a redshirt year would be best for HIM.

In my opinion, expectations need to be lowered quite a bit now. I am curious to what Will Brown is thinking at this point. 60-40 or 70-30 that Jamar will return this season??? As a Great Dane fan, all you can hope for is a 100 percent Jamar Wilson and Jamal Hughes on the court with no side distractions by the AE opener on Jan. 2. That gives us one month to heal and get our heads on straight. Otherwise, pack it in for '03-04. The train goes in reverse without Mr. Wilson in the lineup.

There is a deadline for redshirting an athlete and I believe the deadline is around Dec 28th. If Jamar plays 1 second after that he'll lose the whole season.

Brown loves Jamar and won't do anything that won't benefit Jamar. If it means redshirting him I'm all for it. Jamar will be reexamined sometime later this week and I'm sure Brown will adhere to whatever the Doctor advises.

Let's hope he gets the OK and is healthy the rest of his career.

I also feel that if he doesn't return we'll struggle but if Hughes is back we'll get better as the season goes on.

The person I will feel bad for is John Iati he was brought in to replace Earv and now is asked to replace Earv and also pick up the slack left by Jamar. It's a bit much to expect that from him.