UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bob Ford Stadium Idea

B9j2j6s

Hey just a crazy thought this might seem like a high school tactic but since we are trying to raise money for a new football stadium, why not have like a sign on the field that tracks the progress? I've heard goals of trying to raise 25 million or somthing. I think that if alumni and people in the community see what we are trying to do, they might be more persuaded to chippin to the effort. Just a thought does anyone think we should recomend this to athletic department?

They have such a graph on the University web site for the Inaugural Scholarship Fund and had one for the $500M Campaign for Albany, I'm sure when the fundraising starts in earnest they'll have one for the stadium project. I don't know about one at the field, where it will be seen mainly by existing fans and students and not necessarily by the big-buck donors you really need. You'd have to design it so it doesn't look cheesy. Psychologically you may not want to put it up until you're more than halfway there so it already looks successful.

UCal-Davis is selling naming opportuniities at their $30M, 11,000 seat football stadium, up to $19 million worth. Of course UCD is a much larger school in a bigger market.

$10 million

STADIUM NAME

$1 million

MAIN ENTRANCE GATE

$100,000

TRAINING ROOM

$250,000

BAND SECTION

$1,000

GENERAL ADMISSION SEAT