UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

very sad

statefan

I read in this morning's Times Union the obituary for Carmelina Morrison's infant son. http://www.legacy.com/timesunion-albany/LegacyHome.asp

I think many of the regular readers of this forum know Carmelina. For those who do not, she is the assistant director of the UAlbany Alumni Association, and the staff member tasked to the Varsity Club. My thoughts and prayers are with Carmelina and her family, at this most difficult time.

I read in this morning's Times Union the obituary for Carmelina Morrison's infant son.  http://www.legacy.com/timesunion-albany/LegacyHome.asp

I think many of the regular readers of this forum know Carmelina.  For those who do not, she is the assistant director of the UAlbany Alumni Association, and the staff member tasked to the Varsity Club.  My thoughts and prayers are with Carmelina and her family, at this most difficult time.

Statefan,

Thanks for bringing this our attention. I read the obituary section of the newspaper (perhaps a sign of my age) and saw this but didn't make the connection.

Perhaps folks on this board and members of the UA Varsity Club could work with Lee Serravillo to make a group donation. I think there was an interest from the Morrison family on establishing a foundation to help famalies in similar circumstances.

I just thought I'd post the text of an e mail received from Lee Serravillo this afternoon:

Unfortunately I have some deeply sad and tragic news to share with everyone. Carmelina Morrison’s baby Thomas Patrick Morrison who was born in October, passed away on Friday, January 20. For those who are local and would like to attend funeral services, they will be held on Wednesday, January 25 at 12 pm, Christ The King Church on Sumpter Avenue (off of Western Avenue), Guilderland.

Thomas' parents request that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to the Thomas Patrick Morrison Foundation, a 501©(3) charity the family is establishing in Thomas' memory, to provide assistance to families of children stricken with rare disorders. Checks payable to the foundation may be sent to the Alumni Association, Alumni House, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222 by February 3 and the collective donations will be presented to the Morrison family on behalf of all of the alumni and friends who made contributions. If you prefer, you can send checks directly to Thomas Patrick Morrison Foundation, P.O. Box 238, Guilderland, NY 12084

The full obituary can be found here.

http://www.legacy.com/timesunion-albany/Ob...rsonId=16434747

Lee

Lee Serravillo

Executive Director

UAlbany Alumni Association

(518) 442-3080

www.albany.edu/alumni