UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Other Athletic Achievements

While this bulletin board tends to function mostly as a men's basketball forum, we do cover all sports here. I just wanted to tick off some recent achievements in other fields (no pun intended).

The women's basketball team ended the challenging season on a positive note. They beat UMBC on Saturday. Good luck in the tournament beginning Thursday.

The men's track team did very well in their meet over the season. They came in 7th, although I don't know how many other teams competed. Gered Burns won his third annual IC4A meet in a row. That's a huge accomplishment! Other Danes also had good times.

The women's team also had a good day with several women having good times. The team came in 16th.

The baseball team won yesterday. The record does not look great, but the team has beat every opponent they have played once.

As others have posted, the men's lacrosse team beat Siena. Any win over a crosstown rival is fun.

The women's lacrosse team also won this weekend. The team won its third in a row and is still undefeated!

The women's tennis team lost this weekend, but it was only their first loss of the season. What a difference from past seasons. Keep it up!

The athletes from these other teams often support our basketball teams. How wonderful! We should support them in their great efforts, as well. This school is not a one-sport school.

Great post. I think that's the highest the track team has ever placed at the IC4A meet.

President Hall touched on some of the achievements in all of the sports at the pre-game party in Bing. From a fans perspecitive it's great to have something good going on during every season-Fall, Winter, Spring.

olddog71 - great post.

We on this site get big into hoop but we are open to discussion on all our sports and in my travels not only do other athletes support hoop but I've also seen our Men's and Women's player in attendance at other sporting events.

From my vantage point we have an extremely well rounded and solid Athletic Program. We are definitely not a "one trick" pony like some other school.