UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Many Thanks

I’m back!

I was at the in-laws in VA over the weekend so I haven’t had the chance to congratulate the TEAM! I’m so very proud to cheer for them. What an awesome game!

My in-laws TV broke so I had to go to the campus of JMU and watch the game in the campus center, even though I don’t attend the school. There were probably about 30 people watching the game with me. The whole place was going crazy; they couldn’t believe what UA was doing. Not a single person knew where UA was or even where Albany is located. Not a single person in that room ever heard of us. But they were all jumping and cheering for our team. After the game I was leaving and people were walking out with me and I could overhear the disbelief. People were like “what was that” and where did that team come from? It was awesome! Made me even more proud to be a UA fan. I can’t wait for next season!

I’m back!

. . .Not a single person knew where UA was or even where Albany is located.  Not a single person in that room ever heard of us. . . .

13324[/snapback]

Great report from a distance.

My initial reaction to where the campus is located. It sounds like a Brian Ettkin-type question similar to his question about how many teams will make it to the Final Four? Duh, it's located in Albany.

I'm really glad that you had such a great experience at JMU. And, while I like summer very much, it's going to be difficult to wait eight more months for the season to begin again.

And, while I like summer very much, it's going to be difficult to wait eight more months for the season to begin again.

13328[/snapback]

Ugghh, I have the same feeling. I woke up both Saturday morning (well afternoon I guess..lol) and Sunday morning almost feeling lost..haha. Almost like a 'ok, now what am I supposed to do with myself?' It was really kinda weird.

I agree with the couple posters who suggested that the University does some kind of 'thank you' celebration/party for the team in the next couple weeks. Probably not right away, as I'm sure the team would like to enjoy some rest and finally have a weekend off. But I think it'd be a pretty cool event. And I'm making a collague (sp?) type poster thing with the AE Championship ticket and NCAA ticket, plus a lot of the newspaper headline clipings and such...so it'd be kinda cool to maybe have a chance for the team to sign some of it. I know we can never say thank you enough to the team and coaches for the season, but I think this would be a cool tribute.