UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Nantz on Mike and Mad Dog

Jim Nantz was on Mike and Mad Dog Monday afternoon talking about the past weekends games and the UA/UConn game was brought up. Nantz said God Bless Will Brown and the Great Danes for their effort and how he was hoping history would be made. He said he wished that Albany could go back and replay that last 11 minutes and have the answers to the UConn onslaught.

Go to WFAN.COM, click on MIke and Mad Dog and click on the Nantz interview for March 20. His UA comments are at the 11 minute mark on the timer.

You know as much as it sucks that UA couldn't finish off UConn and become the first 16 to beat a 1. To be honest the game couldn't have gone much better for us here are a few reasons why.

1 We got our national exposure AND THEN SOME.

2. We avoided our biggest fear which was getting embarresed on National T.V.

(A side note I was visiting my gf in Syracuse last Friday and for that entire week until Friday night I had to here about the greatness of UCONN and how we will be blown out, thank you UA for showing them I wasn't smoking somthing when I said they could win.)

3. We gave a wake up call to alot of Alumni who might have forgotten about UA. And showed them what the University has done in its Athletic Department. I wouldn't be surprised to see some donations come to the University, especially for Athletics. In particular expanding the RACC and Football Stadium.

4. Because of our success we will probably increase attandence for next year, because of local residence, alumni, and student intrest. Would expect to see alot more sell outs, definitly BPG, UVM, Home Opener, Binghamton, perhaps others. Definitly 10k for the Siena game if the people at the Pepsi are smart about schedualing.

5. As of right now this is not fact but its possible, however like most UA Fans I'm holding my breath. Brown will be resigned, if we won against UConn I can not see him staying, he would have won the lottery that night. That was the main thought I had after last Friday.